Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A Smile

It's funny how often recently when I've been reading other people's Dharma blogs that I've found that the only thing I can contribute by way of a comment is a simple smile.

So often something in their posts just 'hits the mark' and words are really inadequate to express what I feel in response. And, more than that, they are not just inadequate, but they would also falsify what I feel.

It's like a recognition going on, of one person seeing into something, and that resonating with my seeing into something, and across this seeming divide of internet, blogs, beings practicing on other sides of the world whom I've never met .... there's a moment of recognition ... a meeting .... and .... a smile.

How wondrous that moment of recognition is. And how full the smile.

Nothing to add to other people's posts, nothing really to say, just a smile .... a smile of recognition, and a smile of profound gratitude. Greatful for the post, for that persons sharing, and grateful for the compassion of our teachers, who have so skilfully mapped out the path, and given us the opportunity to discover each step along the way for ourselves ... aided by their unfailing signposts.

:-)

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Dear Chodpa,

I :) with you.

Contentedly,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting into words what I feel every time I come here. You are pulling my practice forward, Chodpa. Blessings and gratitude to you for that. And a smile.
Mahala~LuminousHeart

Chodpa said...

Thank you both for sharing this space ... and for sharing so much of yourselves :-)

may you both be well and happy ....